EnCompass LLC is seeking a Senior Regional Capacity Strengthening Advisor for the anticipated five-year USAID-funded Localize Global Health Security (LGHS) activity. It is anticipated that this Activity will work with and through local partners to address critical health security gaps to prevent, detect, and respond to known and emerging infectious diseases and antimicrobial resistance that originates in animals, with a focus at the sub-national and community levels.
The Senior Regional Capacity Strengthening Advisor will provide technical guidance to, and oversee the implementation of, strategies and interventions to strengthen local partner institutional capacity across global health security interventions. They will work closely with subject matter experts across the Activity and will support the development, enhancement, and application of standardized, evidence-based approaches to individual and organizational capacity strengthening. These approaches must integrate technology, as appropriate, and will include the facilitation of technical exchange and capacity strengthening in global health security activities.
The Senior Regional Capacity Strengthening Advisor will likely lead organizational capacity assessments, design training materials, deliver training, facilitate learning and communities of practice, develop learning agendas, design and implement monitoring and evaluation activities to determine the effectiveness of capacity strengthening activities, and coordinate with Activity and partner support staff for training deliveries. They will be committed to using participatory and strengths-based learning design and delivery approaches, as well as blended learning and evidence-based learning theory in all activities.
The position will be full-time and be based Dakar, Senegal with up to 40% regional travel. Senegalese nationals are encouraged to apply.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall leadership and direction for regional capacity strengthening and learning efforts on the Activity
- Design, implement, monitor, and evaluate the Activity’s regional capacity strengthening strategy including proposing practical strategies to reinforce the capacity of local partners
- Assess learning needs of staff in local grantee organizations and develop and implement strategies for improvements
Analyze existing learning methods, tools, and technology and make recommendations for maximizing existing resources to meet overall program needs
- Oversee the development of learning interventions, including but not limited to curricula
- Oversee the design of blended learning courses, which may include asynchronous e-courses and tools, engaging videos, virtual Instructor-Led Training, online platforms, coaching, mentoring, communities of practice, and so on including synchronous bilingual courses
- Provide mentoring and train-the-trainer support to technical experts in how to apply cutting edge learning solutions to strengthen the training and facilitation skills of others
- Coordinate regional workshops on diverse technical topics to reinforce skills of local counterparts and facilitation consultants
- Travel to project focus countries in the region and provide technical assistance in developing capacity assessments and capacity strengthening plans, as requested
- Manage the regional portfolio as well as develop annual work plans for capacity strengthening efforts including:
- Participate in regular Activity meetings and provide progress updates on CS
- Participate in budget planning and preparation for each new fiscal year
- Ensure that regional activities are carried out within budget
Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in international development/relations, public health, adult learning, or other related field, and 10 years’ experience working in the international development and/or global health sector; or a PhD in international development/relations, public health, adult learning or related field, and 8 years’ experience working in the international development and/or the global health sector; or a
- Bachelor’s degree in international development/relations, public health, adult learning or other related field and 12 years’ experience working in the international development and/or the global health sector.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of eight (8) years of demonstrated experience in managing or implementing capacity strengthening programs or activities within a developing country setting, preferably in West Africa, to increase the capacity of individuals and organizations with respect to global health interventions
- Demonstrated experience applying a variety of adult, participatory, experiential, and strengths-based learning theories, design and delivery approaches, blended learning, and evidence-based learning
- Experience with e-learning design, virtual Instructor-Led Trainings (vILT) design and delivery, and learning technology/digital learning preferred
- Experience building learning and evaluation design and implementation capacities of host government counterparts and non-governmental institutions highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cultural competence in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients, partners, and colleagues.
- Demonstrated commitment to integrating diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility into projects and processes
- Strong planning, organization, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French is required
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter, and complete the application online.
Voir aussi : BRSA suarl recrute un Assistante Administrative – Emploi Dakar