Team Leader, Evaluation of the MCC Transmission Project, Senegal
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is pursuing an RFP to perform a five-year evaluation of the Senegal II Transmssion Project Evaluation which focuses in supporting Senelec’s ongoing efforts to develop a reliable high-voltage transmission network in and around greater Dakar, which accounts for roughly 60 percent of the nation’s electricity demand and 20 percent of its population. This is necessary for Senegal to effectively capitalize on private sector-led investment in generation and to ensure that electricity is reliably delivered to consumers. Much of the private sector interest in the sector is focused on new, lower-cost generation projects including wind, solar, and natural gas, which rely heavily on a reliable, stable transmission network.
The Transmission Project includes three activities: (1) Transmission Network Build-out Activity, (2) Transformer Replacement Program Activity, and the (3) Grid Stabilization Activity.
SI is seeking a consultant to serve as the Team Leader for this evaluation. The Team Leader leads and oversees all aspects of the evaluation, and supervises the evaluation team members. This position will be intermittent over the five-year period of performance of the evaluation. Work will be conducted in Senegal.
- Plan, supervise and manage the entire survey with the assistance of the field and data managers and team leaders.
- Primary responsible party for administrative coordination and deliverables and will manage the program review, evaluation design and implementation process.
- Liaise on a regular basis with MCC HQ, MCA-Senegal and other organizations involved in the study.
- Lead and manage the study team.
- Ensure quality control of all deliverables being submitted to MCC.
- Ensure deliverables are submitted on time, and any delays are clearly communicated to the COR/PM as soon as they are known.
- Provide technical oversight of instrument and survey protocol development.
- Oversee the recruitment and general training of data collectors.
- Provide direct supervision over the data collection coordinator and data analyst and provide overall supervision of all other staff.
- At least eight years of experience leading mixed-method evaluations of projects in developing countries.
- Master’s degree, or above, in economics, statistics, econometrics, program evaluation, or relevant field.
- Experience leading three evaluations of large-scale infrastructure projects in developing countries.
- Experience leading one evaluation using data from remote monitoring/sensing equipment.
- Experience designing and implementing multi-topic quantitative household and/or enterprise surveys in developing countries.
- Professional proficiency, or above, in English and French
Other preferred qualifications
- Experience in designing and carrying out ex-post evaluations of electricity infrastructure projects in developing countries including the use of electricity grid performance data.
- Experience with the design, delivery, or management of remote electricity grid monitoring systems.
- Experience carrying out experimental and quasi-experimental impact evaluations.
- Experience with the design and implementation of multi-topic quantitative household and or enterprise surveys in a developing country.
- Experience using geographic information systems (GIS) data for survey sampling and analysis.
- Fluency in Wolof.
- Experience coordinating with developing country governments, ministries and/or local NGOs/CBOs for the design and
- implementation of project evaluations.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : phg.tbe.taleo.net.
Voir aussi : Citi recrute un Summer Intern, Finance – Emploi Dakar