We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that’s where you come in….
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a People Compliance Lead who will be an expert in labor law and HR policies within the WAEMU region. You’ll be the primary legal point of contact, working closely with and providing practical and expert labor relations and employment legal advice to our People Operations Team as they support our employees across our operating countries (Senegal, Côte d’Ivoire, Mali, Burkina-Faso and The Gambia).
In this role, you’ll
- Provide overall HR compliance support and guidance related to regulatory compliance, as well as global company HR policies and procedures
- Take part in developing and maintaining internal HR policies and compliance procedures
- Plan and coordinate activities for the organization to ensure compliance with ethical and regulatory standards
- Verify that all company and regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated
- Engage in HR internal auditing, compliance investigations, or other activities related to human resources and employment/employees.
- Identify compliance issues or gaps that require further follow-up or investigation
- Coordinate the development or implementation of compliance-related policies and procedures throughout the organization
- Advise internally on the implementation or operation of compliance processes
- Lead the employment legal function and provide expert guidance and advice to the people operations team on employment issues, including hiring, discipline, terminations, benefits, and other related issues.
- Collaborate with our people leads to develop a labor and employee relations strategy, including general employment, safety & security, crisis management, and other key policies and procedures in a manner that complies with legal obligations in each of the jurisdictions where Wave subsidiaries operate.
- Advise the people team and lead when asked in administrative procedures and legal actions, including mediations, arbitrations, labor audits and complaints, and other fair employment practice claims and lawsuits.
- Work authorization in Senegal or Côte d’Ivoire is required.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months.
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium for yourself and your dependents.
- We support working parents – we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized child care when you return to work.
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- A Master’s degree in HR, specifically in Legal HR & Compliance related roles
- 5-7 years of experience in HR, experience in HR Compliance and retrenchments will be a strong advantage
- Strong knowledge of labor law in Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal and in Waemu regions
- Working knowledge of anti-discrimination, anti-harassment, equality, and retaliation practices
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Excellent in written and spoken French with fluency in English.
- Experience operating in a demanding and fast-paced environment and a demonstrated ability to manage a diverse and complex workload effectively.
- Extensive experience with labor and employment laws and regulations (including anti-discrimination laws, anti-retaliation, workplace safety and other labor and employee protection laws).
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with senior business managers and executives.
You might be a good fit if you
- Are open-minded and able to work with people from different backgrounds
- Have excellent organizational, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Have very high attentiveness to details and accuracy of information processing
- Have solid communication, listening, presentation, and writing skills
- Are collaborative with the ability to cultivate trust and a good working relationship with others.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D’Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Gambia, and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Founders Fund, Sequoia Heritage, Stripe, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator and Partech Africa.
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : www.wave.com.
Voir aussi : Chargé de Programme